Friday, May 1, 2015

The Final Animation

STEPS TOWARD THE FINAL GOAL

First of all, I want to apologize for the inactivity of the past two months. Completing the "end-of-the-year" animation in such a short time cost me lots of my undivided attention. On the bright side, it's complete! Therefore, I will share all the steps that was taken in order to accomplish this goal - from the spark of its idea to the last image shot.

1). THE IDEA
I started getting really worried when I realized how close it was to the end of the year, and I still didn't have the slightest clue of what my animation was even going to be about. I started searching through the web for some clues, but no luck. So I went to the attic, and discovered a box full of old toys. Then an idea was born.

2). THE SCRIPT
Once I got the idea, I immediately wrote it down on a piece of notebook paper. It was finally time to get the gears turning and come up with the story for the animation. For a few days, I just sketched out the story into a comic to get a good idea of what the final animation would look like. It was then time to shoot the images.

3). THE SET
Since I now knew what the animation would look like, I quickly began building the set, or the background, of the animation. The complete set mainly consisted of a room filled with toys, so I got right to work. Most of the entire set was finished within a couple of minutes.

4). CAPTURING THE IMAGES
Capturing the images was very time consuming; it took me about a total of 10 hours to completely finish the animation, shooting an hour for 10 days. Since stop-motions must be taken during the night, it took me quite a while to finish.

5). EDITING THE ANIMATION
After finishing taking all the pictures, the only thing left to do was compile them into a movie, and add audio and music. It wasn't hard, but it took a decent amount of time.

Alas, I'm done with my animation, but there are still many things left to do. I currently finished my speech for my presentation, and will now start practicing speaking in front of many people. I guess I feel a bit... apprehensive. So many things could go wrong! I'm now working on my presentation board, although I literally have no idea what  it's going to look like.

So, yeah! See ya next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment