Monday, November 10, 2014

The 20% Time Goal

Hey, guys!

For my 20% project, I want to accomplish creating one or two short stop-motion films.
Just in case you don't know, stop-motion is an animation technique that physically moves or manipulates physical objects to make it appear to move on its own.

OK... That might've sounded too complex. Basically, you take a picture of a still object, move it a little, take another picture, and so on. When you play all the pictures consecutively very quickly, the object gives an illusion that it is moving. Or at least, that's the main concept.

I've done some stop-motion animation before when I was in 6th grade, and the only thing I remember from that is that these things take time - lots and lots of time. I remember shooting this short 1 minute film took me about 4 days to complete:


By the end of this year, I want to become at least somewhat good at stop-motion animation, and I just hope to make at least one or two decent short films (about 10 minutes long) using stop-motion for my 20% project   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment